The 56th Dutch Mathematical Congress (NMC) will be held on April 14 & 15, 2020 at
Van der Valk Hotel Utrecht
Winthontlaan 4, 3526 KV Utrecht
NMC 2020 will continue the new series started in 2018, inspired by the “Deltaplan Wiskunde”: a dynamic two-day congress with many new ingredients, such as an increased number of keynote speakers, sessions about developments that are important for mathematics, several prizes and speed dating with industry. The congress includes a conference dinner, a lively evening event, late night get together in the cozy bar and an overnight stay. There will be ample opportunity to speak to your Dutch fellow mathematicians. This NMC new-style is being made possible thanks to generous financial support from NWO domain Science, obtained via PWN.
The keynote lectures will be delivered by
- Helmut Hofer (Institute for Advanced Study, Princeton University)
- Assaf Naor (Department of Mathematics, Princeton University)
- Laure Saint-Raymond (Ecole normale supérieure de Lyon)
- Bernd Sturmfels (Max-Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences, Leipzig)
The Brouwer Medal will be awarded to
- David John Aldous (University of California, Berkeley)
The Beeger lecture will be given by
- David Harvey (UNSW Sydney)
There will be many mini-symposia, speed dates with industry, the annual afternoon session for high-school teachers (“Docentendag”) and an exciting social programme.